Professional Adoption Services in Louisiana
Lifeline is the Louisiana adoption agency that was created for the birth mom! We have been helping moms for over 40 years. We have Louisiana adoptive families and families across the country so you can choose what is best for you. In Louisiana, Lifeline will help you think through all of the options for your pregnancy and help you make a plan that you think is best for your family. Several qualities make us a unique option for expectant moms like you. All of our services are free to you!
- Confidential Support – Our workers are committed to you and your baby, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and only a call, text, or email away.
- Options Counseling– Your worker will explore all your options with you and help you think through what is best for you and your baby.
- An Adoption Plan For You– You get to choose what you want in a family, how much contact you will desire to have with them in the future, and what you want your hospital time to look like.
- A Personal Advocate– Your pregnancy counselor will help make all the arrangements, from hospital time requests to placement, and after. She will advocate for your desires and your plan!
- Financial Assistance– We can help you get connected to the resources you might need, like insurance, prenatal care, housing, and more.
- Pre- and Post-Placement Support– Your pregnancy counselor will walk you through this process throughout the pregnancy, during placement, and for years afterward.
- Free Legal Consultation– Regarding your rights and the rights of the father and other family members.
Louisiana Adoption Law
Below is a summary of the Louisiana adoption law. Contact us to get connected to a worker for more information.
- When can consents be signed by the birth mother? 5 days after birth
- When do consents become irrevocable? At signing
- Is there a putative father registry? Yes
DISCLAIMER: The state laws and policies outlined above are offered for general information only and do not constitute legal advice. Lifeline cannot guarantee that there have been no subsequent changes or revisions to the laws since the time of compilation. Updated in April 2023
Meet the Louisiana Pregnancy Counseling Team