My Baby Might Have Down Syndrome
Have you been told that your baby might have special needs and you don’t know what to do? If you have received a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome or another special need, you might be feeling overwhelmed and scared. The team at Lifeline desires to walk with you through the process as you consider parenting, abortion, and adoption.
Lifeline can help you think through:
- Updated, accurate information about the diagnosis
- Information about parenting a child with this diagnosis
- Information about making an adoption plan for your child
If you are considering adoption, we want you to know:
- Adoption is a loving plan. Choosing parents who desire to parent a child with these unique needs comes out of love for your child.
- You are in the driver’s seat of this decision. It’s your decision and your plan.
- You get to decide what type of family you would like, how much contact you would like to have with them and choose the family that you feel is best for your child.
- There are families waiting to adopt a child with Down syndrome.
- With Lifeline, you have a personal advocate every step of the way. Your pregnancy counselor will be there as a support to you emotionally, both before and after placing your child for adoption.